Solar heating systems witnessed their invention a long way back but it was never so popular like today. Increasing demand for electricity and excessive consumption of non-renewable sources of energy has ushered upon more and more use of natural resources for creating efficient energy supplies. Solar cells trap the heat and light energy coming from the sun and this trapped energy can be turned into electricity for heating water and air. Homeowners prefer solar energy for its low cost compared to the rising prices of traditional electricity.
Since most of the solar heating systems find their application in households and offices, they have to be cost effective. There are two types of heating systems using solar power, active and passive.
- Active heating systems use solar panels mounted on top of roofs to trap solar energy. This energy is then used to heat up water and light. Production of solar electricity in large scale could be used to vent heat through to offices as well. Water can be heated for household purposes with active solar heaters effectively.
- Passive solar heating systems use black tanks, walls or roofs to radiate solar energy from the collectors. It goes on easy design and style and is much less expensive than other forms of heating systems. Based on simple technology, passive solar heating is used largely over countries for its cost effectiveness.
Why Are They So Useful?
Excess pollution and relentless deforestation has brought down the world to face a threat of environmental imbalance. In order to fight the consequences of human’s own deed, people need to rely more on natural sources of power. Fossil fuels are depleting at an alarming rate and that is where solar energy comes in. Solar heating systems not only provide heat enough to keep a house warm, it also ensures continuous supply of hot water throughout the year without raising the electricity bill. As the panels are cheap and installation is easy, many people take it as DIY jobs to gain an advantage over high prices of fuels and electricity. Plus, the environment doesn’t suffer from additional pollution.
Understand Under Floor Heating:
The heating systems of most homes are done in a fashion known as “zone”. The hot air reaches the ceiling of the rooms keeping the floors cool. There are certain systems that have floor registers but the effect of heating will be the same as the registers are spread throughout the space. The warmth radiates upwards riding from the lowest pint of the house which is the floor in the under floor heating system. Every single inch of your floor radiate heat as there is generally a wall to wall installation of the system. This will ensure you with a warm floor and also an even distribution of heat all over the house. The entire area will be comfortable and there will not be a single area that is warmer than the other one.
- Under floor heating is an option that would make your house very comfortable and cozy. Apart from that, you will not be disturbed by any sort of noises that come from the contraction and expansion of pipes.
- You can save around forty percent more on energy with under floor heating.
- The level of moisture content is low. Therefore, it is a healthier option.
- It is possible to control the temperature individually.
What Are Unvented Hot Water Systems?
The conventional vented water systems are the ones with tanks placed in the attic. These systems need adequate support so that they can hold up to fifty gallons of water. They have to be lagged in order to be protected from freezing and they also need to be protected from rodents and insects. They also need to have an additional cylinder. The unvented systems have just one cylinder which feed from the mains and single water supply. Mains pressure is used from the supply of water and therefore, there is no need of a pump for the taps of continental type or showers.
- The external dimensions and the volume should be checked in order to make sure that it fits right into your air cupboard.
- Little heat should be lost by a quality cylinder. Therefore the properties of heat retention have to be checked.
- Make sure you check the after-service and the warranty conditions of the cylinder.
Everybody enjoys the pool when they are warm during the months of summer. However, you can enjoy your pool in the same way even in winter or spring if you heat your pool with solar power. You can enjoy a nice and warm bath under the night sky when the sun is not around.
How Does It Work?
The kits that are available in the market use the energy of sun for regulating the temperature of the water. They are placed on the roofs of the houses or on the grounds or any area that is clear. The heat from the sunlight is absorbed by the panels. Each of the panel is connected to the pool by tubes and heat is transferred to the main water body by water from these panels. The southern states may find these panels quite useful for cooling warm water at the night of a hot day. They will not get the water heated in that case at night. They will serve as a huge heat sink and will get the energy sapped out in the air that is cooler.
It Is A Cost Effective Option
You may have to pay an upfront cost but you will be able to get additional comfort of months for minimum operational cost. Costly photovoltaic are not used by all heating panels which is used by some for getting electricity generated. Most of the heating panels directly use the heat and by that they eliminate the need of expensive electric heaters and photovoltaic panels.
Certain Benefits Of Solar Pool Heating:
- If you compare the electric pump heaters with the solar heaters, you will see that though the initial cost of the two are more or less same, the long term economic benefits of the solar pool heaters are greater.
- Your utility bills will be much lower when you are using solar pool heating.
- No other energy apart from the energy from the sun is used.
- They can be the best choice where there is an unavailability of natural gas.
- They can be a good way of increasing the resale value of your house.
There are two main ways in which the solar heating systems work. They are known as the direct and the indirect systems.
In this system of solar heating, the heat of the sun is captured in some collectors which is used to get the water supply of the home heated. The insulated tank of the house is connected with collector pipes. Water present in the pipes is heated and this water flown in the tank. You should maintain the system properly. It is important that the pipe is cleaned regularly so that there is no deposition of minerals. Direct systems work better in those areas where the climate is warm all through the year.
The Indirect System
A fluid with a low point of freezing is used in this system of heating in order to get the energy of the sun. The heat is absorbed by the pipes and the copper which is situated at the pipe’s back is heated up. There is an arrangement of multiple pipes which are used for maximizing the solar energy collection. Glycol is frequently used in the system. It gets heated up when brought in contact with copper. The temperature inside the pipe will get high and a pump which is responsible for the movement of the glycol is activated. The glycol moves through the coil that is present in the tank. Heat is sent to the tank of water by the coil and the hot water is produced.
Regarding The Estimates Of The Cost Of Systems:
It could be a bit expensive to get the systems of solar heating installed in the initial stage. Some of the estimates of different solar heating installation are as follows:
- Solar energy for saving money on the bills of water: this will cost you up to five thousand dollars. They generally cost around a range of three to five thousand dollars. This could be a bit more than the usual cost of getting a standard heater
- Solar heating: solar heating may cost you somewhere around three to ten thousand dollars. The amount will depend on the kind of installation you are going for.
Solar energy: if you want to convert your home completely into solar power, you may have to bear a minimum of twenty thousand dollars. In most cases, the cost is around thirty to forty thousand dollars.
When it comes to under floor heating systems, there are three major kinds. One of the three systems of under floor heating is known as the system of electrical heating:
This system works with the principle of a kettle. Underneath the flooring, there are wires that are conduct electricity. Heat is radiated as the wires let the current pass through them. This makes the surrounding air warmed up. The heat is passed further on and the room is heated up through the flooring. Electrical mats are placed on the room’s sub flooring. Thermostats are used for controlling the systems.
Another popular system known as the under floor heating system of forced air:
This is a very old system of under floor heating. There is an installation of ducts under the floor in this system of heating. They are kept in connection with a boiler and natural gas is used for power. The air is heated and the delivery of heat is much faster in this system. However, the only problem is that the energy is not sued efficiently by this system.
The most popular of the three methods that are used for under floor heating is known as the hydro method:
This system works by fitting pipes underneath the flooring of your house which again has a connection with the boilers. The water which is heated is passed continuously through the pipe. This makes the floor get heated gradually.
Things to keep in mind regarding floor heating systems:
- You have to make sure that the system of heating you are choosing is suited to your house plan.
- Make sure you work with a good contactor for the job.
- A good installation will increase the resale value of the house but the wrong one can be very expensive for repairs. Therefore, plan out the project.
- It is important that a proper research is done regarding the issue.
- If you are on with a project of refurbishing, you should go with the electrical heating systems.
- If you are working on new home building, you should go with the heating systems that are water based.
- Has three 1-Foot by 10-Foot panels
- Could increase your pool water temperature by as much as 15Â° F
- Compatible with most above ground pools
- Quick connect design for easy assembly
- The circular tube design allows the sun to heat the panels from various angles
The cold water circulates through your existing pool pump filter and into the panels while the circulating water is heated by the sun. As the water is pumped through the solar heating panels, the warmed water returns to the pool through the return hose.
List Price: $ 158.00
1978 Grumman Sunstream: Solar Water Heating System, Print Ad
End Date: Wednesday Jun-19-2013 17:34:13 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $5.75
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
End Date: Tuesday Jul-2-2013 14:52:30 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $5.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
Find More Solar Water Heating System Products
- Includes: Solar panels, end caps, pipe adapters, mounting kit, diverter valve kit and installation manual
- 4′x20′ panel comes as two 2′x20′ panels
- Can only be mounted horizontally
- 4′x20′ panel suitable for up to a 24′ round/16′x32′ oval above ground pool or 14′x28′ rectangular in ground pool
Heat your pool with the power of the sun! This universal solar heating system is designed for use on in ground or above ground swimming pools. Engineered from lightweight, durable black polyolefin, it features state-of-the-art tube construction that creates a larger surface area to optimize the heat transfer of the sun’s energy to your pool. A higher number of smaller diameter tubes allow more of the water that passes through the panel to be heated faster and more efficiently. System includes: Solar panel, end caps, pipe adapters, mounting kit, diverter valve kit and installation manual. 5-year warranty.
List Price: $ 249.99
Price: $ 249.99
22L/min (350GPH)) High Volume (80′C) DC12V Brushless Water/ oil Pump. Ideal for Solar & Heating System
- High volume output: 22.5L/m (5.9Gal/min)
- Quality made: Brushless motor (no electric noise)
- Low noise: < <42dB 16,000~10,000rpm
- Durable: PVC & Sealed
- Low power: 1.8A @12V
This is a High Volume, heavy duty DC water pump. It’s built by a brushless motor providing smooth and quiet operation than a brush type motor. Not metioning that it last much longer! Moverover,it will not generate ‘electric spark’ like a brush type motor does so it’s more safe to operate. It can be applied to so many area like a Solar system,fish tank or water fountain. It can be used to pump oil as well. Note: the pump is submersible so you can either use it on land or under water
Output: 22.5L/m (5.9GPM)
Pressure: 2.5m (8ft) vertical
Life span: > 20,000hrs
Noise: < < 42dB
Working Temp: 70′C
Envir Temp: <40′C
Size(L*W*D): 4.92″x2.28″x3.12″ (123mm X 57mm X 78mm)
Weight (net): 12.0oz
Warning: Do not run the pump without water!
List Price: $ 45.00
Price: $ 45.00
Related Solar Heating System Products
- Our unique Luminous Glow Solar Strings add a warm glow to your garden and yard. The set includes twelve (12) weather-proof 2.5″ balls and a high-performance solar panel kit.
- These unique and warm glowing spheres add warmth and atmosphere to any garden
- The 2.5″ (7cm) EVA textured ball are spaced 18″ apart along a 16′ wire length.
- Powered by a compact solar panel that can be ground mounted or attached to a nearby tree, post or building.
- A top seller that’s improved for 2013 – we’ve increased the sphere size and now use a high-quality NiMH battery for extra performance
Our top selling and unique Luminous Glow Solar Strings are among our best looking outdoor lighting products. The set of twelve (12), 2.5″ (7 cm) spheres are made of a durable off-white textured EVA material that looks charming when hung along shrubs, branches, trellises and garden areas. At dusk, the spheres glow warmly with a rich yellowish light that adds elegance to any surroundings. The generous 18″ spacing between spheres permits the string to cover a 16′ distance. There’s additional 7.6′ length of wire between the solar panel and first sphere to permit locating the solar panel in the best location for optimum sun, using either the ground stake or included building/post attachment kit. The solar panel uses a high quality amorphous type panel and an internal 800mA NiMH battery to provide many hours of illumination. Fully waterproof, the panel and spheres look great when placed in trees, along fences or gates, from a trellis or anywhere you’re adding atmosphere and elegance to an outdoor space. Powered by the sun, the lamps illuminate automatically at dusk. With good sun exposure, expect 6 to 8 hours of illumination or more, as performance is directly related to the amount of sunshine received (summer sun results in the lamps glowing for over 10 hours). We love our Luminous Glow Solar Strings and know you will too. See all our solar products on Amazon including colored LED versions of this product (see ASIN: B00812DH68 and ASIN: B00812AFXQ)
List Price: $ 49.99
Price: $ 39.95
Related Solar Products Products
- Heating film
- Infrared film
- carbon-copper and polymer alloy film (folie)
ELECTRIC RADIANT (INFRARED) FLOOR HEATING SYSTEM – 1 sq.m, 220V,140W/m2
The price include:
- Carbon-copper polymer film (0.36 mm x 80 cm), 220V, 140 W/sq. m – 1m2;
- Sealing and isolating tape Sika-Multiseal serve for insulating and fixing electric circuit connections and contacts – 6 cm.
You can buy any quantity of the thermal film and thermal regulators!
Shipping costs depend on the country. If you buy more than 1m2, shipping costs may be different.
If you buy more than 1m2, you’ll get a discount, but if you buy a roll of thermal film (80 m2), you’ll have a great discount!
This film is made in South Korea.
To get more detailed info write on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New carbon-copper and polymer alloy films (only 0.3mm thick), integrated under floor surface, make floor in your apartment (bathroom, hall, nursery, terrace, balcony, etc.) a large radiator, heating of which uses electric power. Nothing else is needed but to maintain comfortable temperature (21-34 °C), but – if you want so, it can be higher! Your floor will always be warm and dry. Summer touch will be in your apartment longer than just a couple of months each year.
Unlike traditional heating types, where only air is being heated, which in turn heats objects and living beings in the room, long heat waves are not only heating the air, but affect living beings also directly, giving sense of warmth and comfort and also reaching therapeutic effect. Compared to other electric heating types, over 50% savings are reached. And use of a good thermal regulator increases this economy even more.
Electronic floor is covered with polymer layer, which provides for flexibility and protects against minor mechanical damages.
Electronic floor production technology provides protection against abstracted lodgers. Even if you will drive an axe into parquet, you will only be able to damage some square centimeters of the heating surface.
List Price: $ 37.00
- 20′ long by 30″ wide solar panel
- Twist connect fittings for simple installation
- Made of LDPE material – very flexible and easy to install
- Connects to 1.25″ or 1.5″ flexible above ground pool hose
- 5 Year MFG Warranty
Eco Saver solar pool heating system. Uses your existing filter system, water circulates through the ecoSAVER solar panel, is heated b the sun and returns to the pool.
Three Step Installation
1. Unroll the flexible, easy to handle ecoSAVER panel.
2. Connect one hose from the pool filter to the ecoSAVER panel.
3. Connect the other hose from the ecoSAVER panel to the pool inlet fitting.
Installation Note – This is a ecoSAVER panel only. You will need additional piping to install.
Optional accessories for this item is the Diverter Kit and Roof Mount Kit.
List Price: $ 139.00
30 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System with Aube Digital Floor Sensing Thermostat Reviews
- 30 Square Foot Under Tile Heating Mat, Mat is 20″ Wide x 18′ Long, 120 Volts
- Highest Quality Heating Cable, Twisted Pair for Zero EMF, Single Cold Lead, Very Thin
- Mesh can be cut (do not cut wire) to heat other shapes.
- Inculdes Aube Digital Floor Sensing Thermostat with Floor Sensor Wire
Electric Floor Warming System used to heat tile flooring. The system is designed to heat the designated square footage when installed in mortar under tile or masonry flooring. The heating mat is simply layed out on the floor in the area you want to heat prior to tile installation. The heating element is less than 1/8″ thick, so the rise in flooring height is negligible. This system is BRAND NEW and manufactured by Warming Systems Inc. which offers a 15-year warranty on its product. The wire is pre-spaced at 3″. With any floor heating system, if the wire is spaced more than 3″ apart, you will feel cold “streaks” on the tile surface. Beware of heating systems that tell you to space the wire over 3″.
List Price: $ 229.00
- Luminous Glow Colored Solar Strings add a festive colored glow to outdoor spaces; Includes 21 opaque weather-proof 2.5″ balls and a solar panel kit
- These unique and festive glowing spheres add warmth and atmosphere to any garden
- The 2.1″ (7cm) EVA textured colored ball are spaced about 14″ apart along a 22.5′ wire length
- Powered by a compact and powerful solar panel that can be ground mounted or attached to a nearby tree, post or building
- Beautifies your yard, garden and trees; A solar-powered garden solar string
This unique set of Luminous Glow Colored Solar Strings are among our best looking and most festive outdoor lighting products. The set of twenty-one (21), 2.1″ (7cm) spheres are made of a subtle colored and textured EVA material that looks charming when hung along shrubs, branches, trellises and garden areas. At dusk, the spheres emit a festive colored glow from colored LEDs inside each sphere. The combination of colored LED and colored EVA ball creates a colorful glowing light that adds elegance to any surroundings. The generous 13.6″ spacing between spheres permits the string to cover a 22.5′ distance. There’s additional 7.6′ length of wire between the solar panel and first sphere to permit locating the solar panel in the best location for optimum sun, using either the ground stake or included building/post attachment kit. The solar panel uses a high quality amorphous type panel and an internal 300mA lithium battery to provide many hours of illumination. Fully waterproof, the panel and spheres look great when placed in trees, along fences or gates, from a trellis or anywhere you’re adding atmosphere and elegance to an outdoor space. Powered by the sun, the lamps illuminate automatically at dusk. With good sun exposure, expect 8 hours of illumination or more, as performance is directly related to the amount of sunshine received (summer sun results in the lamps glowing for over 10 or 12 hours). We love our Luminous Glow Colored Solar Strings and know you will too. If you’re interested in a solar string with off-white EVA spheres and Warm White LEDs rather than colored, try our model SSR-01 (Amazon ASIN B0071T7PTW). This model (SSR-03 Colored) differs from other models in that it uses both lightly colored EVA balls and matching colored LEDs. If you’d like a string light that uses off-white EVA balls but glows using colored LEDs, try model SSR-02 Opaque. See all our solar products on our Amazon store.
List Price: $ 55.49
Related Solar Products Products